Everybody Lies

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Nightmare on Plac Inwalidow

My worst ever client was called Mito Chanalo. I have cleverly reversed the initial letters there so his relatives & friends won't recognise him.

He was so bad that all other clients pale in comparison. I can cope with small moustachioed men, I can handle men with big titles like President Jean Francois Van Boxmeer, but Mito defeated me.

He was a bully & a coward. He would throw documents. He would tear pages out of presentations. He would happily reduce subordinates to tears...and that was just the men. But he would watch while the GM would write on the wall, too afraid to tell him that we weren't using the white board. He was the Marketing Director of Polgate Calmolive. And he was an idiot of the highest rank.

His favourite tantrum, because he was a big baby, was to demand, nay insist, that we meet on Monday at 8am. However he would always forget his anger over the weekend. So we would arrive at Plac. Inwalidow on Monday at 7.55 sharp only to find no Mito. Once the Client Service Director didn't notice the clocks change and so was there at 7am only to wait 2 freezing hours before a forgetful Chanalo appeared.

Chanalo was criminally stupid. But I bless the man. Because after him I can cope with any client.