Everybody Lies

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Secret Diary of a Sex-Pat

If I wanted to improve the statistics of my blog I would simply write a diary of my sexual history. It's not that intesting, but I am sure people would read it out of curiousity. Even my mum might start reading my blog.

My point though is this; all statistics about the internet are wrong. Or rather the reading of them is. Yes Facebook reaches 500+ Million people. But TV reaches 5+ Billion people. This blog has the potential to reach 3 Billion but so far it has only reached 3000+; see the new feature on the left below the survey.

Also I deliberately drove people to the site with surveys, which perhaps reveals a hidden love of democracy in Russia. Maybe I should conduct a sex survey - now that would improve my figure.

Facebook's success was based on understanding that the internet, like all media, is driven by the basic human desire to have sex. Radio calls it "Rock & Roll", which used to be slang for sex, Cinema & TV call it romantic comedies. Magazines call it Cosmo-pollution. Facebook calls it social networking ;)

When clients understand this they might make some decent websites. They worked it out before with soap operas; designed to sell, well....soap.